Normally $6190 now $5490
The Hobie Mirage Tandem Island, a 18' 6" Trimaran "Sail/yak" that incorporates the patented Hobie MirageDrive® into a unique sailing machine unlike any other sailing craft on the water. Sailing has never seemed so simple. When the wind blows, the Tandem Island flies across the water, powered by an expansive, easily tended mainsail.
This special deal is only available for the Ivory Dune coloured Tandem Islands.
Brand new kayak, complete with 2 years warranty.
* A boomless, roller-furling sail rig with 8.4 sq metres sail area for excellent performance, completely manageable from the cockpit with the pull of a line.
* Two retractable amas that fold up against the side of the boat for easy docking, manoeuvrability, and transport.
* The cockpit is a stable platform, expanded to a tandem, from the Hobie Mirage Adventure Kayak, offering full versatility as a pedalling kayak when conditions are not convenient for sailing.
* The Hobie Mirage Drive allows the boat to be pedalled while under sail, or simply pedalled with the sail furled for versatility not found in any other sailboat.
* The Tandem Island is loaded with additional standard features such as a built in centreboard, oversized rudder , Mast and Sail Cover, and an AKA bag.
- Length Overall: 18' 6" / 5.64 m
- Ama Length: 13' 4" / 4.06 m
- Width W/ Amas Out: 10' / 3.05 m
- Width W/ Amas Folded in: 4' / 1.22 m
- Width (hull only): 30" / 0.76 m
- Mast Height: 18' / 5.49 m
- Sail Area : 90 sq. ft. / 8.4 m2
- MirageDrive Weight x2: 6.6 lbs / 3 kg
- Fitted Hull Weight: 124 lbs / 56.25 kg
- Fully Rigged Weight: 190 lbs / 86.18 kg
- Capacity: 600 lbs. / 272 kg
- Two MirageDrives with Turbo Fins
- Two high-back Mirage seats with self-inflating lumbar supports
- Roller furling mainsail
- Two piece carbon fiber mast
- Two color coordinated amas
- Deck-mounted crossbars
- Easily retractable and removable amas
- Snap-release akas and carry bag
- Fully-retractable, built-in, kick-up center board
- Large rudder
- Two 2-piece paddles with on hull storage
- All lines and hardware plus Harken Blocks
- Dual steering tillers in front and rear cockpits that are tiller-extension ready
- Dual rudder retract and deploy controls for front and rear cockpits
- Dual sheeting controls for front and rear cockpit sail control
- Two moulded-in rod holders
- Rear cargo compartment with Bungee® tie-downs
- Large Rear cargo compartment that accommodates Hobie Livewell
- Large covered bow hatch
- Three 8” Twist-n-Seal 8” hatches
- Four mesh stowage pockets
- Four cup / bottle holders