We still have a very limited stock of 2014 models at a great price!
We only have Ivory Dune ...be quick nearly gone.
The Hobie Mirage Tandem Island, an 18' 6" Trimaran "Sail/yak" that incorporates the patented Hobie MirageDrive® into a unique sailing machine unlike any other sailing craft on the water.
* A boomless, roller-furling sail rig with 8.4 sq metres sail area for excellent performance, completely manageable from the cockpit with the pull of a line.
* Two retractable amas that fold up against the side of the boat for easy docking, manoeuvrability, and transport.
* The cockpit is a stable platform, expanded to a tandem, from the Hobie Mirage Adventure Kayak, offering full versatility as a pedalling kayak when conditions are not convenient for sailing.
* The Hobie Mirage Drive allows the boat to be pedalled while under sail, or simply pedalled with the sail furled for versatility not found in any other sailboat.
* The Tandem Island is loaded with additional standard features such as a built in centreboard, oversized rudder , Mast and Sail Cover, and an AKA bag.
* The Tandem Island is offered in three colour packages, Ivory Dune, Golden Papaya and Red Hibiscus. Options include beautifully colour-coordinated sails.
* TI intro video clip
* Car-topping TI with Bullhorn kayak loading device (designed and built by Maclean Outdoors)
- Length Overall: 18' 6" / 5.64 m
- Ama Length: 13' 4" / 4.06 m
- Width W/ Amas Out: 10' / 3.05 m
- Width W/ Amas Folded in: 4' / 1.22 m
- Width (hull only): 30" / 0.76 m
- Mast Height: 18' / 5.49 m
- Sail Area : 90 sq. ft. / 8.4 m2
- MirageDrive Weight x2: 6.6 lbs / 3 kg
- Fitted Hull Weight: 124 lbs / 56.25 kg
- Fully Rigged Weight: 190 lbs / 86.18 kg
- Capacity: 600 lbs. / 272 kg (More info on load distribution)
- Two MirageDrives with Turbo Fins
- Two high-back Mirage seats with self-inflating lumbar supports
- Roller furling mainsail
- Two piece carbon fiber mast
- Two color coordinated amas
- Deck-mounted crossbars
- Easily retractable and removable amas
- Snap-release akas and carry bag
- Fully-retractable, built-in, kick-up center board
- Large rudder
- Two 2-piece paddles with on hull storage
- All lines and hardware plus Harken Blocks
- Dual steering tillers in front and rear cockpits that are tiller-extension ready
- Dual rudder retract and deploy controls for front and rear cockpits
- Dual sheeting controls for front and rear cockpit sail control
- Two moulded-in rod holders
- Rear cargo compartment with Bungee® tie-downs
- Large Rear cargo compartment that accommodates Hobie Livewell
- Large covered bow hatch
- Three 8” Twist-n-Seal 8” hatches
- Four mesh stowage pockets
- Four cup / bottle holders
- Plug-in Kayak Cart
- Hobie eVolve Electric Motor Kit
- Aka Trampoline Kit
- Navigation Package
- Spray Dodger
- Gal Trailer